posted Jan 9, 2014, 6:21 AM by OCEAN Coordinator
updated Aug 16, 2014, 12:25 AM by Alan Sill
Cloudscape VI is a unique opportunity to learn from some of the most influential cloud experts
, including some of the top 100 tweeters, a Top-ten TechTarget Cloud Computing leader and 2 of the UK's top 50 most influential people in IT. The event focuses on the strategic role of cloud adoption and its socio-economic benefits. Lightning talks and interactive discussions are a key feature of event.
The event is for public and private sector IT professionals who need to gain cost and energy efficiencies, help researchers accelerate discovery, provide better citizen services and gain a competitive edge for their businesses in the global marketplace.
Answering your questions and concerns: What are the best ways of assessing the many cloud offers on the market today? How do we define and measure energy efficiency? How easy is it to switch provider or just simply stop using it? Is your data protected and secure?
Inspirational thinkers, lightning talks and interactive discussions: end-user perspectives. Measuring impact. Shaping your strategy and adoption roadmap: why, how, when. Business support, services and new opportunities. Data analytics.
Cloudscape VI themes
- Moving to the cloud: How to “strategise like an army”: where, why, how.
- End-user benefits: How to support researchers and educational institutions, from power tools for an “army-of-one” to large-scale international cooperation. Success stories in enterprise. Cloud and small businesses.
- Efficiency & savings: How to make savings, deliver better citizen services and provide a low carbon economy.
- Addressing your concerns: How to survive data regulations and security in the cloud. Why we need interoperability and data portability.
- Global perspectives: Stories from the international landscape. Common measures of success?
- Future visions: Cloud provider roadmaps and the next wave of innovation.
Cloudscape VI speakers include…
- Simon Wardley, Researcher, Leading Edge Forum
- Joe Weinman, Senior Vice President, Telx and author of Cloudonomics
- Steve McGibbon, EMEA Regional Technical Office, Microsoft
- Kuan Hon, Research Consultant, Cloud Computing Project, Centre for Commercial Law Studies (CCLS)
- Joe Baguley, Chief Technologist, VMWare
- Cedric Thomas, CEO, OW2
- Alan Sill, Vice President of Standards for the Open Grid Forum